29 September 2011

our creative space . . . 'softie bombing' . . . a nod to Myrtle & Eunice

Greetings all,
Tania from
Myrtle & Eunice blog . . . lists 'crafty mischief' as her main game & my children are devotees to such cheek, especially those twins.  Here they are . . . they look innocent enough, waiting outside the house for me round up their siblings into the car.
 Sneakliy, they brought out a hat box filled with tiny softies which they had been making all weekend, & started positioning them in the tree, our only tree.
 They each have names, personalities & food preferences.  Smudge, for instance, likes strawberries - they were in the hat box too, with hobby fill stuck to them, mmmm.
No need to tell you what goes on during car trips & school holidays.  I'm thinking Smudge will be frisky & start breeding??  No need to wonder why my good scissors & darning needles keep disappearing, along with all my special threads. 
Um, should i assume that - the day after my middle girls softie bombed our solitary & leafless tree on the nature strip - the next door neighbours put up a 'For Lease' sign - it's just a coincidence right??  Want to be my neighbour??  More crafty mischief here, love Posie

18 comments:

Leonie said...

Hehehe, just love it!!!

Elisha said...

Would love to be your nieghbour :-)

I was waiting for the part where the softies got thrown at you...... duh I am a smart one. I get it now though.

Cute doctor! And lovely tree. We only have three trees, but only one has leaves.... I am still waiting for the other two to show signs of life..... stupid bare rooted manchirian pears. Next time I shall pay more a buy a tree on a pot.... from a nursery.... and make sure it comes with a guarantee....

I hope your tree has leaves soon :-)

Unknown said...

Hello Miss Posie

very cute and funny

Neighbour - schmaybour!

have a lovely day

x
Loulou

Tania said...

Ha! I am cheering wildly from the sidelines! And I'm sure the tree is feeling way less solitary...

PS. A note on the neighbours...
There was a specific request from my next doors, for me NOT to update our front tree in yarnbombed splendour in time for their auction. Hmn.

Jennie said...

Love the softie bombing!!
They're going to give my two some ideas know! XX

Amy said...

Haha, that is awesome!

Miriam said...

That is really cool - I hope my kids are crazy crafters one day too!

Christina Lowry said...

Loving the idea of softie bombing!!

:)

Maxabella said...

Softie Bombers are a beautiful, beautiful thing. x

Felicity said...

There should be more softie bombers about and yahoo if your neighbours have decamped because of them!

xx's

Tas said...

So cute!

You and Tania should just live side by side and go for it...by that, I mean, yarn bombing of course. I can just imagine it now...

tinajo said...

Love this idea - funny! :-)

deux chiens et un garcon said...

Hehe.

Wouldn't it be nice to neighbours, having cups of tea, crafting in our PJ's.



xxx
Jill

Mum on the Run said...

I love that your passion - and talent - have rubbed off on them.
:-)

Sally said...

YAY for them. That tree will be thankful too ;)

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

he he. clever girls! Love that they share your passion for sewing!

PaisleyJade said...

I love the idea of softie bombing!! hahaha - so good!!!

fee @ chipper nelly said...

hey - have stalked you back! I LOVE felicity and her blog too.
And have to say that yours looks right up my street. I knew I would from reading the bit about you - what everyone calls you - great way of looking at who you are!
Off to have a nosey round and add you to my side bar. Obviously I'm going to have 3 daughter envy...but I'll live with it!
fee
(pleased to meet you)